We are hiring for Custodial Service Professionals who have keen eyes! Must have transportation, can work with little to no supervision in the West Palm Beach areas for all Palm Beach Schools Districts.
We are looking for a responsible custodian who can maintain and protect our facilities. The overall presentability of a building reflects on its occupants, and the custodian or janitor must be in-depth in working, cleaning, and tidying, as well as preventing any form of vandalism.
The custodian must be experienced in focusing on building upkeep. They must have great physical endurance to cover a large space, and a keen eye for detail and diligence are also crucial in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture, and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks, and showers, and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Maintain outer premises by watering plants, mowing lawn, cleaning entrances
- Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation of dangerous pests
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor, or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Very good physical condition and strength
- High school diploma is preferred but not required
For interested applicants, please click here to apply.